[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] r.reclass not spawning xterm on Mac OS X

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 14 20:06:24 EST 2006

[r.reclass, r.recode assert GRASS_UI_TERM=1 in the C code]

Michael Barton wrote:
> Am I understanding the proposed changes correctly? They will make no
> difference for how the current wrapper scripts operate with r.reclass
> (and related files), but will will make them functional--albeit in the
> old xterm interface--when run from the command line without arguments.
> This will serve as an interim solution for keeping these modules
> functional while the old interactive xterm modules are being phased
> out.
>
> Is this the gist or did I miss an important point?

Yep, the change should only affect r.reclass,r.recode when called from
the command line directly, and prevent the interactive session from
trying to exist in the GUI output window.

everything else (including wrapper scripts) should work ok without
futher modification.

Hamish