[GRASS-dev] Re: CVS date&time on manuals page?

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Fri Nov 17 06:16:49 EST 2006

Maciej Sieczka wrote on 11/16/2006 06:45 PM:
> Hamish wrote:
>
>> Maciej Sieczka wrote:
>>
>>> A timestamp on the very http://grass.itc.it/gdp/manuals.php site. This
>>>  would inform what was CVS date and time when the docs on this site
>>> were built. So the user can know what is the timestamp of this doc
>>> version. This helps him to provide a better information in his doc bug
>>> report - let's him verify if his local doc is newer or older, and
>>> provides the CVS date&time for him to include in his bug report.
>>>

>> why is the release version not sufficient? 6.0, 5.4, etc..
>>

> Because many people build from CVS, or use the CVS snapshots.
>

>> for 6.3-cvs they are updated weekly(?)
>>

> I guess so. However, Markus happens to regenerate CVS shapshots
> manually.

No. I rarely trigger the cronjob in certain circumstances to have it before
saturday. But I have enough to do not to  generate CVS shapshots
manually :-)
This is a perfect job for a computer.

> Are the docs regenerated then too, Markus?

During compilation of the binary Linux snapshot the HTML docs are
created and in the end copied into the Web space.
All this is described in my document (find in the source code)
doc/infrastructure.txt

Markus