[GRASS-dev] 3 raster/parser bugs

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Fri Nov 17 12:11:28 EST 2006

Hi,

using GRASS :-) I found a series of small parser issues:

# in and out name are identical and r.buffer happily overwrites:
r.buffer channel2_thin out=channel2_thin dist=200 --o
Reading input map (channel2_thin) ...
 100%
Finding buffer zones ...
 100%
Writing output map (channel2_thin) ...
 100%

# while the WARNING isn't really helpful, it should just pick
# morph (which *is* in neteler, my current mapset) and go ahead:
r.mapcalc 'corridor=if(morph == 3 || morph == 5,1,null())'
WARNING: 'cell/morph' was found in more mapsets (also found in neteler).
WARNING: 'cell/morph' was found in more mapsets (also found in neteler).
ERROR: 'cell/morph' was found in more mapsets (also found in neteler).

# --o doesn't have an effect:
r.surf.fractal out=landscape1 --o
Steps=1
ERROR: Raster map [landscape1] exists.
       Please try another

I could not find where these problems originate from.

Markus