[GRASS-dev] 2nd edition gis book

Thomas Adams Thomas.Adams at noaa.gov
Sat Nov 18 12:23:01 EST 2006

Wayne,

It depends on your level of understanding of GRASS; there is still a lot
of relevance to GRASS 6.x in the 2nd Ed., but at the same time, lots has
changed. If it's within your budget, get the 2nd Ed., otherwise wait for
the 3rd Ed. Also, with book publishing, (I'm guessing) it *could* be the
middle of 2007 before the book is available. Overall, I'd say meet your
needs now, but realize you'll have to get more up-to-date info through
the GRASS User's Manual, GRASS Wiki, and elsewhere.

Tom