[GRASS-dev] v.cellstats script [+new module: r.out.xyz]

Martin Wegmann wegmann at biozentrum.uni-wuerzburg.de
Mon Nov 20 09:57:32 EST 2006

hello Hamish,

On Saturday 18 November 2006 08:11, Hamish wrote:
> Martin Wegmann wrote:
> > Carlos Grohmann and I created a script as substitute for v.cellstats.
> > It would be great if somebody can look through it to give feed-back
> > how to improve it before we post it to the WIKI.
[...]
> how does this script's function differ from the new r.resamp.stats
> module?

yes it looks the same and it's much faster, but it variance is missing.

I did a test with v.cellstats2 and r.resamp.stats (+ r.to.vect + g.region +
v.surf.rst) using spearfish and the result in quite the same.

Perhaps it is worth to write a script v(r).cellstats with r.resamp.stats +
subsequent commands to receive interpolated high res. results.

> script notes:   (many are general comments for all grass scripts)
>

> * _v._cellstats, but it imports and exports raster maps!

yes, you are right r.cellstats would be better. we named it v.*  just  because
we wanted to provide a subsitute for v.cellstats

thanks for your comments below, I will work through them and modify script.

cheers, Martin