[GRASS-dev] libgeos on debian stable

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Mon Nov 20 14:10:04 EST 2006

Hamish wrote:

> [debian/stable]
>
> just updated to the latest 6.3-cvs. libproj didn't complile, complained
> about missing -lgeos. this fixed it:
>
> # ln -s /usr/liblibgeos.so.2.1.1 /usr/lib/libgeos.so

That suggests that you need a -dev[el] package.

The unversioned symlinks are only needed when compiling, so they are
normally only included in development packages.

> is this something new? The only thing that changed recently on my
> machine was I moved libgdal temporarily out the way to test startup
> errors.
>
> or was it a recent change somewhere else?

I'm fairly sure it's a GDAL thing. If GDAL was built with --with-geos,
-lgeos will probably appear in the output of "gdal-config --dep-libs".