[GRASS-dev] Error in redrawing text layer in gis.m

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 20 18:55:59 EST 2006

Patton, Eric wrote:

> Now I'm just being greedy; is it much more effort to allow bold text
> on the graticule labels as well? Should I file a wish instead?

you can just specify that GRASS should use a bold TrueType font, there's
usually bold versions of a given font in another file:

Times_New_Roman.ttf
Times_New_Roman_Bold.ttf
Times_New_Roman_Bold_Italic.ttf
Times_New_Roman_Italic.ttf

note the "bolding" GRASS text usually just shifts up&to the side 1
pixel & draws the text again, so it looks bolder but not necessarily
any clearer. I'd rather not spread that method into any more modules if
at all possible.

Hamish