[GRASS-dev] v.category option=print: fails to print area's categories

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 08:18:44 EST 2006

Hi,

2006/11/22, Moritz Lennert <mlennert at club.worldonline.be>:

> I'd rather suggest to map area to centroid (i.e. if area is given behave
> the same as if centroid is given), as intuitively people are looking for
> information concerning areas not centroids.

Area = centroid + boundary

simplification you suggest tend to be misguided;-) I prefer (but not
sure) removing area from the type list and update manual pages of
v.category to make it clear to user. What do you think about it?

Best, Martin

Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa *