[GRASS-dev] more NVIZ updates

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Sat Nov 25 17:58:53 EST 2006

Michael,

just a comment:

On Sat, Nov 25, 2006 at 09:42:10AM -0700, Michael Barton wrote:
> >> There was a lot of effort to bring NVIZ up to 8.4 recently.
> >
> > I am not sure what a programming target of "bring up to 8.4" means.
> > "Modernizing" NVIZ does not have to make it backwards-incompatible with
> > tcl/tk 8.3.
> >

> I seem to remember that NVIZ would not work with 8.4, only 8.3--at least on
> some systems.

I used NVIZ with tcl 8.4 for a couple of years... There were issues only
on Debian (tcl8.4 there uses threads, this was fixed in NVIZ by Cedric
if I recall correctly). But the recent changes have introduced real problems
which will be hopefully sorted out soon.

The key issue currently is that the error messages are hidden. This makes
it almost impossible to track down the problems.

Markus