R: [GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS5] r.li (landscape indices)

pallecch at cli.di.unipi.it pallecch at cli.di.unipi.it
Tue Nov 28 10:03:14 EST 2006

hi, I'm thinking about the new names for r.li indexes

All the original names are:

r.li.shannon
r.li.simpson
r.li.edgedensity
r.li.contrastWeightedEdgeDensity
r.li.meanPatchSize
r.li.patchAreaDistributionCV
r.li.meanPixelAttribute
r.li.patchAreaDistributionSD
r.li.patchAreaDistributionRange
r.li.dominance
r.li.richness
r.li.patchdensity
r.li.shape
r.li.patchnumber

Do you think it's best:

r.li.shannon
r.li.simpson
r.li.edgedensity
r.li.contrastweightededgedensity
r.li.meanpatchsize
r.li.patchareadistributioncv
r.li.meanpixelattribute
r.li.patchareadistributionsd
r.li.patchareadistributionrange
r.li.dominance
r.li.richness
r.li.patchdensity
r.li.shape
r.li.patchnumber
(I think some names aren't readble)

or:
r.li.shannon
r.li.simpson
r.li.edgedensity
r.li.contrastwed / r.li.cwed
r.li.meanps / r.li.mps
r.li.padcv
r.li.meanpa / r.li.mpa
r.li.padsd
r.li.padrange / r.li.padrk
r.li.dominance
r.li.richness
r.li.patchdensity
r.li.shape
r.li.patchnumber
(I think people don't remember the meant of some names)

Please tell me what you prefer.
-serena-