[GRASS-dev] Re: new bug tracker

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Tue Nov 28 16:58:34 EST 2006

Hamish wrote:
> Maciej Sieczka wrote:

>>> 1) move "feature request" trackers before "issues" trackers so
>>> wishes don't get filed as issues

>>> 2) group code, doc, web:

>> Same as above (even more doubled work). But maybe it is woth it. ?

> [I prefer option "2" above, it's cleaner]

OK. Will do. Tomorrow, hopefully. This will delay the new bugtracker a
bit more though. Sorry.

> I think we should try hard to get it right before adding any real
> bugs.

Yup.

>>> ps - after I create a "Build Query" in the tracker, how do I get
>>> back to an "unqueried" list? [fixed, sort of: I had to use
>>> ctrl-click to unhighlight the "confirmed" status or highlight all
>>> options]

>> I had the same problem and "solved it" the same way.

> [other stuff to learn]
>
> To make it more useable a lot of these bumps should be documented.
> Is there a way to add/link help text to the trackers?

A tracker can have it's foreword like the one I've just put for the
code issues tracker. Let me know if you can spot it though ;).

> If it has to be external, linked help pages can live on the wiki site.

That would be preferable. We shouldn't add any docs to GForge as GRASS
has it's WIKI for that.

Maciek