[GRASS-dev] Holiday updates to NVIZ

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Wed Nov 29 00:56:25 EST 2006

Michael,

I haven't yet chance to try it but the screen shots look very nice,
much cleaner layout
and hopefully more intuitive. I have a question - during the workshop
in Lausanne I had
a chance to watch people using nviz and one thing that people
struggled with was figuring out that
the list of available/loaded surfaces or vector files is under
Current - there is just plain text with no
indication that when you click on it a list of files will show up. Is
there any way to make this more intuitive?
It was also interesting to see how quickly people got working with
paraview - apparently their GUI design
is pretty good.

As for the z-coord. slider for cutting planes - have your tried it
for tilted cutting plane? It should move it
in z-direction (you won't see anything happening if your cutting
plane is vertical). I am not sure
whether it actually works but that was the intention.

Thanks a lot for all the great GUIs,

Helena