[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] updating kriging modules for grass 62

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at ufg.uni-kiel.de
Thu Nov 30 03:23:58 EST 2006

I understand that R is evolving pretty quickly and that
everything, including the spatial libraries is in constant
flux.
So maybe we could make snapshots in intervals for inclusion
in GRASS?
E.g. we could take the current version 2.4 of R, add the
libraries for spatial analysis and provide some guidelines
for module authors as to what functions are stable and should
be used in GRASS-R modules.
>From time to time, we would update the base R interpreter,
all libraries and modules.
We could include such snapshots in the GRASS distribution
or package everything as an "R spatial statistics" extension
to GRASS 6.2
For the later case, I could wrap up R, the spatial libraries,
documentation and modules like v.krige into one extension
package.

Benjamin

--
Benjamin Ducke, M.A.