[GRASS-dev] v.bspline -> v.surf.bspline ?

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Sat Sep 2 08:42:57 EDT 2006

On Sat, Sep 02, 2006 at 04:39:06AM -0700, Brad Douglas wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-09-02 at 12:01 +0200, Maciej Sieczka wrote:
> > Maciej Sieczka wrote:
> >
> > Again, let me rise it. This is not a trivial issue. Soon v.bspline will
> > become a part of user scripts, GUI menu and stuff. Then it will be too
> > late to rename the module for Grass 6.3 not to break comptatibility.
> >
> > Why isn't anybody replying? Hey, Grass PSC!
>
> I must have missed the original discussion.  I agree that v.bspline
> should be renamed to v.surf.bspline for the sake of consistency.
>
> Also, I believe it would be better to move it to 'vector/' instead of
> 'vector/lidar/' as it is not particularly specific to LIDAR.

I have written twice to the author(s) but didn't receive a
response on this issue.
It is now VERY urgent since we have already done 6.2.0.beta2.

Or we decide to keep the name in 6.2 and change it in 6.3.

Or we just change it without listening to the author(s).

However, moding code around in CVS isn't nice, so I don't
know if it must be really moved out of vector/lidar/.

Markus