[GRASS-dev] Backporting question

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sat Sep 2 15:34:29 EDT 2006

Once all the freetype and font changes are in effect and I get/make a new
binary to work from, I can test these on my Mac (unless someone else wants
to do it).

If there is an advantage of putting a GRASS generated text layer (the new
combined d.text/d.text.freetype?) back into gism instead of the
TclTk-generated text, I can do that. However, it will take a bit of time to
redo the options panel and change the rest of the code.

There is no point in doing this until:

1) all the changes to text layer control and rendering are done (more to do
or is that all?), and
2) we know that freetype text renders on the Mac (the TclTk text shows up
fine on all systems).

I don't know whether you want to try and do this for 6.2 or not, given the
timing.

Michael
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University