[GRASS-dev] [bug #5085] (grass) gis.m & = eror; d.m & = O.K.

Maciek Sieczka via RT grass-bugs at intevation.de
Sun Sep 3 08:08:58 EDT 2006

jmockus at gmail.com wrote (Sun, Sep 3 2006 13:05:30):

You have created another BT entry by chagnig the replies subject. I merged it
into your report, but please don't again, just reply to the old one.

> GRASS 6.3.cvs
> (spearfish60):/home/md/grass-data/spearfish60/PERMANENT/vector >
> gis.m
> &

Notes:

1. You don't have to issue "gis.m &"; "gis.m" alone is enough, it will go to
the background automatically.
2. If you issued plain "cd" before copying/pasting here, your path would be
shortened to "GRASS 6.3.cvs (spearfish60): ", which would make your meassage
more readable. And you don't have to "cd
/home/md/grass-data/spearfish60/PERMANENT/vector" before staring Grass, if
that's not obvious.

> d.mon start=gism

? This will not work. See eg. this thread to learn why:
http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grass-dev/2006-September/025478.html

> PNG: GRASS_TRUECOLOR status: FALSE
> PNG: collecting to file: map.png,
>      GRASS_WIDTH=640, GRASS_HEIGHT=480
> Graphics driver [gism] started
> [1]+  Done                    gis.m
> GRASS 6.3.cvs
> (spearfish60):/home/md/grass-data/spearfish60/PERMANENT/vector >
> d.vect map=roads
> GRASS 6.3.cvs
> (spearfish60):/home/md/grass-data/spearfish60/PERMANENT/vector >
>
> NO ERRORS, NO RESULTS

Correct. Nothing should happen.

What happens if you use gis.m like you should, ie. add a layer and display it
(in spearfish60)?

You haven't answered to my previous question:

Are your precompiled binaries downloaded from Grass website or else? Is the
bug still reproducible with current CVS snapshot?

Maciek

P.S.

Again, please don't write in html.