[GRASS-dev] [bug #5098] (grass) gis.m; tcltk error when zooming to map with name which exists in more than one mapset

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Mon Sep 4 12:13:15 EDT 2006

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=5098

Subject: gis.m; tcltk error when zooming to map with name which exists in more than one mapset

Platform: GNU/Linux/x86
grass obtained from: CVS
grass binary for platform: Compiled from Sources
GRASS Version: cvs_head_20060904

When there are two maps with the same name in more than one of the accessible mapsets, then gis.m throws below tcltk error when I try to "zoom to selected map". To reproduce in spearfish, just copy any map from the PERMANENT mapset to the user1 mapset using the same name and then display it and zoom to it. If I enter @mapsetname (i.e. @user1) after the map name zooming to the map works.

It is probably just a question of catching the WARNING message and ignoring it, or of adding the @mapsetname automatically (default to current mapset if not set otherwise).

BTW, I find the warning message a bit weird: when I display roads from user1 I get the message "WARNING: 'vector/roads' was found in more mapsets (also found in user1)". In my understanding this should read "... (also found in PERMANENT)...

WARNING: 'vector/roads' was found in more mapsets (also found in user1).
WARNING: 'vector/roads' was found in more mapsets (also found in user1).
    while executing
"close $input"
    (procedure "MapCanvas::zoom_gregion" line 11)
    invoked from within
"MapCanvas::zoom_gregion $mon [list "vect=$map"]"
    (procedure "MapCanvas::zoom_map" line 48)
    invoked from within
"MapCanvas::zoom_map $mon"
    invoked from within
".mapcan(1).mf.topf.tb0.mapzoom.zm invoke active"
    ("uplevel" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"uplevel #0 [list $w invoke active]"
    (procedure "tk::MenuInvoke" line 50)
    invoked from within
"tk::MenuInvoke .mapcan(1).mf.topf.tb0.mapzoom.zm 1"
    (command bound to event)

Moritz