[GRASS-dev] v.in.ogr broken (\w shp)

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 04:50:37 EDT 2006

On 9/5/06, Hamish <hamish_nospam at yahoo.com> wrote:
> discussed this recently,
>   http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.grass.devel/14634/
>
> As William's points out there, all vector attributes are stored in one
> file per mapset. This is problematic for:
>  - backups or easy transfer of a single map to another system
>  - disk error etc would trash all vectors in mapset, not just the one map
>  - with many vector maps in the same mapset 32bit users will rapidly hit
>    the 2gb file size limit.
>
> Is per-map $MAPSET/vector/$MAPNAME/sqlite.db (or similar) possible?

Yes. This is discussed in my vector TODO, maybe you can look at
http://freegis.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/grass6/doc/vector/TODO?rev=1.2
Chapter 1.2 Attributes.
The problem with db per map is that you cannot do joins from tables in
more maps and you cannot use db.* commands without database option.

Radim