[GRASS-dev] adding files to the release branch?

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Sep 6 13:58:51 EDT 2006

Hamish wrote:

> > > I'm trying to add the v.dissolve and v.centroids scripts to the 6.2
> > > release branch but can't figure out how to add files to the branch.
> > > I get:
> > >
> > > 6.2branch/grass6/scripts$ cvs add v.centroids/Makefile
> > > cvs add: cannot open CVS/Entries for reading: No such file or
> > >          directory cvs [add aborted]: no repository
>
> Glynn Clements wrote:
> > 	cvs update -j HEAD v.centroids
> > 	cvs commit v.centroids
>
> I'm not sure if I'm using -j correctly; however, I got it done.
>
> what worked:
>
>  cd 6.2branch/grass6/scripts/
>  cvs update -j HEAD v.centroids
>  cvs tag -r HEAD releasebranch_6_2 v.centroids/

The "cvs tag" command should be unnecessary.

The main difference between "cvs update -j" and "cvs update -r" is
that -r tags the updated version with the tag used to retrieve it,
while -j will use the current tag (i.e existing files will retain
their tag, new files will get the tag from the CVS/Tag file).