[GRASS-dev] trying to amend d.vect.chart - need for advice

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu Sep 7 04:09:28 EDT 2006

Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 09:44:14PM +0200, Moritz Lennert wrote:
>> The biggest problem is actually to learn the vector library. I have to
>> admit that I don't find the programmer's manual the most intuitive to find
>> what I am looking for.
>
> Hi Moritz,
>
> ... but what are you looking for? :-)
> To make it better, we need concrete questions to be asked
> which could then be answered in the manual.

Just as an example: I was trying to find the definition of the Map_info
structure. It's not in data structures...

In its current form, you need to know in which file a function is and
where this file is in the directory structure to easily find it.
... well I just saw that if you go into "Globals" you have an index, I
have to admit that I never thought of looking there... (but still no
Map_info structure definition)

> Don't hesiate to post it here, or better, do that
> in the Wiki.

Where do want me to post development questions in the Wiki ?

> Later we can transfer that into the
> doxygen pages.
>
> If we through knowledge together, we may get a reasonable
> progman soon.

I guess, I'll just have to find that time to really dig into it more and
get used to GRASS' library structure.

Moritz