[GRASS-dev] [bug #5098] (grass) gis.m; tcltk error when zooming to map with name which exists in more than one mapset

Maciej Sieczka sieczka at biol.uni.wroc.pl
Thu Sep 7 11:10:44 EDT 2006

Emailing you from another address having problems with my usual one.

Michael Barton wrote:
> Here is something for times of boredom.
>
> This is the $GISBASE/etc/gm folder with all the new files for you to try
> out.
>
> Enjoy!

So I did ;).

The bug in zooming on different Map Displays is fixed for me using the
gis.m files you sent. It is also good that zoom/pan tools remain chosen
independently for each Map Display now.

Also the "error when zooming to map with name which exists in more than
one mapset" bug is solved! Could you fix it for the old good d.m as
well in this regard?

I think you should put these changes into CVS.

Now I'd like to rise another issue - zooming out/in with *single mouse
clicks* doesn't work as expected in gis.m. Only the Y axis grows and
shrinks as it should. The X axis does not (if you zoom in/out with
single mouse click).

Please zoom to the attached "try" region definition in Spearfish and
then zoom-out *using single mouse clicks* several times in gis.m. Then
do the same on the old Grass monitor with d.zoom.

d.zoom performs OK, gis.m fails. See the attached dzoom2.png to see
what the display should look like after 2 single mouse click zoom outs
and the gism2.png to see how it looks after 2 single-mouse click zoom
outs in gis.m. The same problem applies to single mouse click zoom-in
in gis.m. Obviosly there is something wrong with the way the X axis is
scalled. Could you fix that bug? This, hopefully, is the last bug I
know in gis.m.

Maciek