[GRASS-dev] MS-Windows native GRASS

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Sep 14 16:34:12 EDT 2006

The OSX fix is to set osxaqua=1 in the env.  It's something Lorenzo
added that does a few things different for TclTk X11 vs Aqua on OSX.
You may get some clue to the Windows problem by searching for osxaqua
in the scripts (including init.sh).  A noticable difference was use
of spawn vs term (or some such thing).

On Sep 14, 2006, at 10:14 AM, Michael Barton wrote:

> I don't either, but it's the same error. If William figured out why
> this was
> happening on the Mac, it may lead to a solution on Windows.
>>
>> Michael Barton wrote:
>>> This problem also appeared for Mac OSX when running in aqua TclTk
>>> instead of
>>> x11 TclTk. I saw that William Kyngesbury had a solution there,
>>> but don't
>>> remember what it was.
>>
>> http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=5096&display=History
>>
>> but not sure how this helps for windows.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Mon Dieu! but they are all alike.  Cheating, murdering, lying,
fighting, and all for things that the beasts of the jungle would not
deign to possess - money to purchase the effeminate pleasures of
weaklings.  And yet withal bound down by silly customs that make them
slaves to their unhappy lot while firm in the belief that they be the
lords of creation enjoying the only real pleasures of existence....

- the wisdom of Tarzan