[GRASS-dev] r.resamp.aggregate

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Tue Sep 19 09:12:27 EDT 2006

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006, Maciej Sieczka wrote:

> Glynn Clements wrote:
>> Can we make a decision as to the official name of this module?
>
> Shorter? Ie. r.resamp.aggreg (following the "r.resamp.interp" pattern?)

I chose "interp" because it was one syllable of the word "interpolate" and
was easy to pronounce and remember! "aggreg" is two and a half syllables
and not IMHO a very obvious abbreviation. I still like r.resamp.stats. The
reasoning being that the the map is re-sampled based on statistical
aggregation of cell values. I think it is more obvious what the
functionality is: "stats" is obviously a more general term than
"aggregate" and in general I wouldn't be for "dumbing down" but that just
seems like an appropriate generalisation in the circumstances!
I do think Glynn should just commit it with whatever he feels is the most
appropriate name though. He's not usually wrong.

Paul