[GRASS-dev] making grass modules less verbose

Brad Douglas rez at touchofmadness.com
Sat Sep 23 03:37:17 EDT 2006

On Sat, 2006-09-23 at 09:04 +0200, Jachym Cepicky wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 11:11:35PM +0000, Brad Douglas wrote:
> > >
> > G_message("\n") = '\n\n' on screen.  G_message(" ") seems a bit obscure.
> > But yes, that particular problem would go away, but potentially creating
> > a new one.
> >
> > Also, in loops outputting text, G_message() is generally not desirable
> > because of it's "auto-CR" feature.
> >
> > Would be better to add a function [eg. G_message2()] that does not
> > automatically append '\n' to text?
>
> This should occure in only few cases, because loops are mostly used not
> for messages, but for printing results of calculation.
>
> The results are not "messages", program is not "verbose", if it prints
> results, so printf should be used.
>
> IMHO there is no need for G_message2()

I just wanted to make a note of the potential problem because there are
cases that do exist.  Adding such a function at a later date, if it is
truly useful, is trivial.

--
Brad Douglas <rez touchofmadness com>                      KB8UYR
Address: 37.493,-121.924 / WGS84    National Map Corps #TNMC-3785