[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] check vector geometry

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Sun Sep 24 11:15:20 EDT 2006

Jachym Cepicky wrote:
> at your service

And vice-versa.

Works like a charm! Anybody minds it applied?

What a nice working Sunday. Thanks Jachym!

Maciek

P.S.

I'm wondering if flags should be exclusive or not in Grass modules, in
general.

For example, I asked Jachym to make it possible to his new '-t' flag
not to be excluded if used together with '-g', and it works. No matter
what flag seqeunce, if both are used, first goes the '-g' output, then
'-t'. But maybe I asked him for a wrong thing, maybe flags should be
exclusive? Or if they should be not exclusive, should the order they
are called metter? Eg. should '-tg' and '-gt' output in the same sequence?

Other modules (eg. g.region and r.info) don't allow for using many
flags at the same time, and they have some hierachy in excluding them,
but I can't find a pattern for that (is there one?).

Moreover, I found a strange thing about g.region. Try this:

$ g.region -e
region north-south extent: 270.000000
region east-west extent: 300.000000

$ g.region -g
n=4916070
s=4915800
w=602940
e=603240
nsres=30
ewres=30
rows=9
cols=10

BUT A COMBINATION OF BOTH GIVES NEITHER OF THE ABOVE:

$ g.region -eg
ns_extent=270.000000
ew_extent=300.000000

The region extent is printed, like if -e alone was used, but instead of
"region north-south extent" we get "ns_extent". Same thing, but
different wording.

?

Maciek