[GRASS-dev] howto rewrite r.colors using G_message and G_warning

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at centrum.cz
Tue Sep 26 05:17:42 EDT 2006

Hallo,
i have question considering replacing fprintf functions with G_message and G_warning in GRASS modules.

Currently, i come to r.colors, which structure is very complicated. This
module can be also run in interactive mode:

r.colors pokus color=rules
Enter rules, "end" when done, "help" if you need it.
Data range is 1 to 683

I'm not shure, if these strings should be printed using G_message or if
they should stay untouched. I'm also not shure, if the module needs this
interactive mode at all - if it should not better be removed (and the
structure of the module would be simplified).

If the interactive mode should remain untached, maybe functions
G_tty() and G_promt() should be introduced:

G_tty(_(Enter rules, "end" when done, "help" if you need it.));
G_promt()

which would show

Enter rules, "end" when done, "help" if you need it.

Could anybody give advice how to approach to modules like r.colors?

Thank you

jachym
--
Jachym Cepicky