[GRASS-dev] RE: [GRASS-user] Error importing DMS into standar dformat usingv. in.ascii

Patton, Eric epatton at nrcan.gc.ca
Wed Sep 27 11:43:31 EDT 2006

Again, it fails even if W and N are omitted:

echo "66.5|44.25" | v.in.ascii -n output=DMS_test format=standard --o

Error reading ascii file:
66.5|44.25
Building topology ...
0 primitives registered
0 areas built
0 isles built
Attaching islands:
Attaching centroids: Topology was built.
Number of nodes     :   0
Number of primitives:   0
Number of points    :   0
Number of lines     :   0
Number of boundaries:   0
Number of centroids :   0
Number of areas     :   0
Number of isles     :   0

I tried reversing Long and Lat, but get the same error. Interestingly, the
"Error reading ascii file" line disappears if I run the same command without
the -n flag, but still fails:

echo "66.5|44.25" | v.in.ascii output=DMS_test format=standard --o