[GRASS-dev] spam in bug tracker

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan-oliver.wagner at intevation.de
Thu Sep 28 03:09:04 EDT 2006

On Wednesday 20 September 2006 11:39, Maciej Sieczka wrote:
> Eric has found that spam is being added to existing BT tickets.
>
> See eg. at the bottom of
> http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=1107
> http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=2904
>
> Is there anything we can do about it?

unfortunately, our RT tracker has been flooded by a SPAM
attack that used HTTP (not mail).
We switched off opportunity to add comments as anonymous.
(we had to patch rt for this at its configuration does only allow to
switch of new bugs send by anonymous).

Another good reason to the new bug tracker.
There, it is also only allowed to comment/submit if you are
a registered user. But unlike for rt, there you can
create a user account on your own easily.

Best

	Jan
--
Jan-Oliver Wagner: www.intevation.de/~jan  | GISpatcher: www.gispatcher.de