[GRASS-dev] Re: bug in Vect_cidx_find_next() ?

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 05:17:39 EDT 2006

On 9/29/06, Moritz Lennert <mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:
> Radim Blazek wrote:
> > Yes,
> > it seems to be bug, I think that on row 296 in cindex.c
> > the requested cat should also be checked, not only the type.
> > But I am tired now, please check it twice.
>
> Changing that line into
>
> if ( ci->cat[cat_index][0] == cat && ci->cat[cat_index][1] & type_mask )
>
> works. Thanks !
>
> But I don't really understand how this could happen, as I thought the
> following lines (286-288) should take care of this before:
>
> while ( cat_index > start_index ) {
>      if ( ci->cat[cat_index-1][0] != cat ) {
>         break;

No, this goes down to lowes index of this cat because bsearch
does not return the first item.

To simplify use of cat index in modules I would suggest 2 new functions
(not tested/compiled):

void Vect_cidx_find_lines ( struct Map_info *Map, int layer, int cat,
                                 struct ilist *lines )
{
      int type, line;
      struct Cat_index *ci;

      Vect_reset_list ( lines );
      int field_index = Vect_cidx_get_field_index ( Map, layer );
      ci = &(Map->plus.cidx[field_index]);

      int idx = Vect_cidx_find_next ( Map, field_index, cat, 0,
                                  GV_LINES|GV_POINTS, &type, &line );

      if ( idx == -1 ) return;

      do {
          if ( !(ci->cat[idx][1] & GV_LINES|GV_POINTS)
               ||  ci->cat[idx][0]  != cat )
          {
               break;
           }
           Vect_list_append ( lines, ci->cat[idx][2] );
           idx++;
       } while (   idx < ci->n_cats );
       return;
}

and similarly Vect_cidx_find_areas, then in module:

struct ilist *lines = Vect_new_list();

Vect_cidx_find_lines ( Map, layer, cat, lines );
for ( i = 0; i < lines->n_values; i++ )
{
    line = lines->value[i];
    Vect_read_line ( Map, Points, NULL, line );
}

Radim