[GRASS-dev] r.le bugs--list needed

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Fri Sep 29 08:27:15 EDT 2006

Hamish wrote:
> William L. Baker wrote:
>> I may (still uncertain!) slowly try to get r.le programs to work under
>> 6.X.
>
> The raster format & GIS API is unchanged, only vector & sites have
> changed. So required fixes for porting a raster module are in fact
> small.
>

>> Here is what I see as problems to be fixed. If anyone knows of
>> other problems, let me know:
>>
>> 1. r.le.setup fails when a sitefile is requested--update needed
>
> fixed in CVS HEAD + 6.2 branch
>   - just removed the prompt
>
> In CVS HEAD I've changed the module to use G_parser() instead of custom
> prompts.
>
>> 2. r.le.setup does not display properly in the display window
>
> fixed in CVS HEAD + 6.2 branch
>   - it was hanging on G_system(" d.frame -e");
>     changed to use D_setup(1) to clear the screen

Does it resolve the 2 issues reported in
http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=3323?

>> 3. with gis.m, r.le.setup does not connect to display window
>
> fixed in CVS HEAD + 6.2 branch
>   - menu.tcl needed "guarantee_xmon;"
>

>> 4. r.le.pixel crashes with a memory problem
>
> Brad?
>
> William: Can you prepare an example using the spearfish dataset? These
> modules are too complex for me to quickly understand.

For the record - there is bug report for about that:
http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=3084

>> 5. no r.le.dist program

Other folks are missing it too:
http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=3040

> Also, no r.le.para as exists in GRASS 5, nor r.le.null & r.le.rename as
> mentioned in the help page. If these should be copied from GRASS 5, let
> us know, it's not hard to do. I don't see r.le.dist built in GRASS 5.4
> either??
> I notice that the GRASS 5 r.le man pages were not ported into GRASS 6
> description.html files. That's easy to do and should be done.

I'm sorry but I can't offer any help with documenation. No time.

Please note there is also a wish regarding r.le.pixel:
http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=2104

Thanks for trying to revive r.le.* suite. If there are any news in
regard to the 4 BT tickets I mentioned, please put your comments in
them, CCing me tutey at 02.pl, so we can keep the track of it.

Cheers,
Maciek

P.S.
I will be less available these days. Hopefully in 2 weeks I will have
more time.