[GRASS-dev] discussion: replacing ps.map

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sat Apr 7 06:23:31 EDT 2007

Glynn Clements wrote:

> Also, d.text.freetype and d.font.freetype are redundant. d.text,
> d.text.new, and d.font all work with FreeType fonts (again, the actual
> fonts will be rasterised).

FWIW, I've extended d.text.new to support all of the options
previously supported by d.text.freetype (added: font=, path=, charset=
and -c), and replaced d.text.freetype with a script which simply calls
d.text.new.

Also, d.font.freetype uses R_font() instead of R_font_freetype(); the
latter function (and its infrastructure) has now been removed.

[Actually, I may as well add a -l switch to d.font and replace
d.font.freetype with a script which calls d.font. I've only just
noticed that d.font is already reading the freetypecap file to get the
option list for the font= option.]