[GRASS-dev] OSX - new bundle option in bindist

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sat Apr 7 15:15:02 EDT 2007

Another refinement of the OSX app build:

For the bindist, it's now possible to specify additional files to
bundle in the application package.  This makes it easier to create an
installer without worrying about oddball binaries that also must be
installed.  Suggested binaries to bundle include:

- libpq (the postgres library, so a full postgres install isn't
required, though that would still be needed for local postgres DB use)
- gpsbabel
- netpbm tools (the ones needed by some script commands)
- ffmpeg libraries
- other libraries and programs not readily available as binaries (no
point in bundling my frameworks ^_^ )

I did it as an included .make file, which is customized as required
(I tried to make it as simple as I could).  See the macosx/ReadMe.rtf
for details.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

First Pogril: Why is life like sticking your head in a bucket filled
with hyena offal?
Second Pogril: I don't know.  Why IS life like sticking your head in
a bucket filled with hyena offal?
First Pogril: I don't know either.  Wretched, isn't it?

-HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy