[GRASS-dev] terracost and large files more generally

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Mon Apr 9 19:01:38 EDT 2007

Jerry Nelson wrote:

> Thanks for this! I downloaded and recompiled (after a make clean) and it
> seems to have worked fine. I also needed this for r.in.arc. I put the code
> modifications you made into that make file and it also seems to have worked
> fine. I was wondering whether you (plural, ie someone on the development
> team) could drop those three lines of code into all the related routines. I
> would think they are
>
> r.out.arc
> r.in.arc
> r.out.ascii
> r.in.ascii

Those all seem to be okay.

The r.out.* programs don't use file positioning at all, r.in.arc uses
fseek() with a zero offset, and r.in.ascii always uses reasonably
small offsets (either relative seeks of one or two rows of data or
absolute seeks near the beginning of the file).

I've committed the changes to CVS.