Updated r.colors - was: [GRASS-dev] problem with r.colors on Mac

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sat Apr 14 12:46:31 EDT 2007

On 4/14/07 9:31 AM, "Glynn Clements" <glynn at gclements.plus.com> wrote:

> Michael Barton wrote:
>
>> I just did an update this morning and don't see any difference in r.color
>> behavior.
>>
>> r.colors map=elevation_delete rules=/Users/cmbarton/colors/bcyr
>>
>> ...produced an error.
>
> What error?

GRASS 6.3.cvs (spearfish60_test):~ > r.colors map=elevation_delete
rules=/Users/cmbarton/colors/bcyr

ERROR: value </Users/cmbarton/colors/bcyr> out of range for parameter
<rules>
       Legal range:
aspect,aspectcolr,bcyr,byg,byr,curvature,differences,elevation,etopo2,evi,gr
ey,gyr,ndvi,population,rainbow,ramp,ryb,ryg,slope,srtm,terrain,wave

>> Do I need to do a make clean or something?
>
> For safety, you should always do "make distclean" when updating from
> CVS.

I'll do this and it will probably fix it. Off to do some errands, but will
report back later.

Michael

> OTOH, I can't think of any files which need to be re-compiled which
> haven't themselves changed. That doesn't mean that there aren't any,
> though.
>
> At a minimum, you should try:
>
> make -C lib headers
> make -C lib/gis clean default