[GRASS-dev] problem with r.colors on Mac

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 18 01:08:35 EDT 2007

> Michael Barton wrote:
> > I tried the code below. I still get crashing with both versions if I
> > run r.colors -e. If I run r.colors without -e, it runs fine. I
> > tracked $lines after the following clause...
..
> > Nothing seems wrong here. If I run r.colors without -e, I simply get
> > the last line returned. Maybe the problem is in the progress bar
> > routine itself.
Glynn:
..
> Other than that, the assumption that the problem is with the progress
> bar code seems reasonable.

I take it that everything works smoothly from the command line? (it's
not exit(1)ing with a left over "only works will integer maps" error?)

... BTW these close-without-catch still need to be fixed:
  http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grass-dev/2007-April/030157.html

something to try:

in eq.c and log.c (or wherever that code now lives since Glynn's
updates) change the "2"s in G_percent(row, nrows, 2); to 3 or larger.

That gives how often to update (here every 2%). For a fast processes it
just slows you down to draw a new %-done every 1%. It's not a real
fix, but it might help diagnose the problem.

Hamish