[GRASS-dev] [grass-code P][372] scritps for converting raster maps into GRASS 7 format, and back

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu Apr 19 13:28:45 EDT 2007

Michael Barton wrote:

> When I tried the GLCanvas demo, it told me I needed to have pyOpenGL
> installed. If we don't really need this, it makes things MUCH easier by
> removing a group of additional dependencies.

The demo needs pyOpenGL so that it can draw stuff on the canvas.

NVIZ doesn't use OpenGL from Tcl. NVIZ itself (as opposed to the OGSF
library) only barely uses it at all: Togl, which is rougly analogous
to GLCanvas, and do_zoom.c, which sets up an off-screen "canvas". And
most of that is glX/wgl/agl rather than OpenGL proper.