[GRASS-dev] [grass-code P][372] scritps for converting raster maps into GRASS 7 format, and back

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sat Apr 21 12:58:35 EDT 2007

On 4/19/07 9:08 AM, "Glynn Clements" <glynn at gclements.plus.com> wrote:

> You shouldn't need pyOpenGL unless you're planning on making OpenGL
> calls from Python. The only parts of NVIZ which make OpenGL calls are
> Togl and do_zoom.c. NVIZ is just a UI; all of the actual work is done
> by the OGSF library.

So we don't need pyOpenGL to replace Togl? Does the wxPython GLCanvas
replace Togl? Somehow we need to make calls from wxPython event handlers to
actually display/render a 3D image. I'm totally in the dark as to how this
is done. I've worked with the UI part of NVIZ (this is the overwhelmingly
greatest part, as you point out), but don't understand how the OGL calls are
actually made.

Michael

Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University