[GRASS-dev] using system fonts?

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue Apr 24 02:17:44 EDT 2007

This is what I'm trying to think about and maybe try something. I can
certainly create a file browser that would let a user find and select a True
Type font. I'm just trying to think of a way that a user doesn't have to try
to figure out where the fonts are stored--or at the very least give them a
reasonable hint to start with. Maybe everyone using Linux knows the path to
the fonts, but I'd wager that most people using Mac's and Windows don't know
this.

Michael

On 4/23/07 10:18 PM, "Glynn Clements" <glynn at gclements.plus.com> wrote:

> For a GUI, this isn't an issue; the GUI can keep track of the state.
> Moreover, if you want to change a parameter for an individual command,
> you don't have to modify global state, run the command, change the
> state back, and hope that the modification didn't interfere with
> anything else which was running concurrently.

Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213
fax: 480-965-7671