[GRASS-dev] Create new location from EPSG code backport problem

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 25 17:23:52 EDT 2007

Paul wrote:
> Hello Hamish

Howdy Paul,

> I'm not sure if it's correct/optimum in the current CVS. I posted some
>
> plans here:
> http://www.nabble.com/forum/ViewPost.jtp?post=9125507&framed=y
> that I think should be fixed before it goes into a stable release.
>
> In particular I'm not sure if the logic in the Tcl code for the order
> of  the various g.proj calls and the value of the datumtrans= option
> is  correct yet. IIRC the location should be created on the first
> attempt if  there is no list of datum transformation paramters, and
> the default when  there is a choice should be 0 (unspecified) rather
> than forcing the first  set. But the Tcl code doesn't do this.

I will simplify. I was backporting most of epsg_option.tcl.in, including
parts of the new location generation code. I will change tack to only
backport the EPSG code search tool, as originally discussed. I will
leave all the improved location generation code to the 6.3 branch.

In general I have little idea as to which Tcl GUI changes are serious
bug fixes or minor stability improvements - i.e. what to backport and
what not to - and don't know enough about Tcl and the GUIs to tell the
difference well. So any guidance in that regard is most welcome.

Hamish