[GRASS-dev] backporting new v.digit to the 6.2 branch

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Thu Apr 26 16:11:21 EDT 2007

Maciej Sieczka wrote:
> Hamish wrote:

>> So it boils down to issue [3] "can't digitize centroids".
>> But this works fine for me in 6.2.1, so .....?

> Same for me now, as I explain above. In that case if the encoding issue
> could be fixed in 6.2, v.digit in 6.2 and 6.3 would be on a par.

Oopsy! I *do* can reproduce the bug that v.digit freezes when
digitizing centroids and editing attributes in 6.2 CVS. Pretty much
like the report says [1]:

1. start v.digit

2. create a table with one 50 chars varchar column

3. choose "Digitize new centroid" tool, digitize 1 centroid, enter
label, submit

4. choose "Display attributes" tool, select a vector feature, edit
label, submit

5. goto 3

After 2-4 such repeats v.digit freezes for me. Have to kill -9 it.

[1]http://wald.intevation.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=204&aid=354&group_id=21