[GRASS-dev] backporting new v.digit to the 6.2 branch

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri Apr 27 03:04:29 EDT 2007

Hamish wrote:

> > I don't get a crash here (Tcl/Tk 8.4), so unless someone who does get
> > a crash can provide a backtrace, there isn't much that we can do about
> > it.
>
> backtrace is here:
>   http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grass-dev/2007-April/030641.html
>
> driver.c line 58, in get_window():
>     Tcl_Eval(Toolbox, "list 0 [winfo height .screen.canvas] 0 [winfo width .screen.canvas]");
>
> after that, I'm not sure where to look.

I'm not entirely sure how Tcl_Eval() can cause a segfault unless the
interpreter state has been corrupted, and this is occurring very early
in the startup, before hardly any C code has been called.

You could try "g.gisenv set=DEBUG=5" to see if that produces any
clues.

The only other thing which I can suggest is to build Tcl/Tk with debug
info (or are there separate debug packages available?).