[GRASS-dev] default vector point symbol

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Mon Apr 30 12:56:20 EDT 2007

On Apr 30, 2007, at 12:14 PM, Markus Neteler wrote:

> Michael Barton wrote on 04/30/2007 06:07 PM:
>> Now that we have so many nice vector point icons, what do you all
>> think about making a circle the default point icon rather than an X?
> I dislike the current X but it precisely indicates the position
> which is not
> the case with a circle. Mhhh...

you could do a circle with x in it but I agree with Markus.
I usually change the point icon for images used in presentations,
but when I first look at the data, x is quite convenient (I usually
reduce the size) especially if you have very dense points or
points in clusters (e.g. in the new data set even such standard
point data as geodetic points is quite dense along roads and
when first looking at the data, x defines the locations very well).

Helena