[GRASS-dev] [grass-code R][386] GIS manager and d.rast.edit

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Mon Apr 30 13:21:29 EDT 2007

Michael Barton wrote:
> Thanks for the head's up. I just changed the GUI menu entry to use the new
> TclTk version of d.rast.edit rather than the old xterm one.

Michael,

Thanks for looking into this. Before you replied to this ticket I have
deleted it, because it is a duplicate of an earlier ticket #385 [1].
Let's continue there.

The original problem is about d.rast.edit in 6.2.2 CVS rather than 6.3
(though your fix for X monitor issue in 6.3 is highly appreciated).

The problem is that in 6.2.2, d.rast.edit called from gis.m menu tries
to spawn an X mon but fails, and when called from d.m menu, it starts,
but quits once "edit" is clicked (with no error message).

I'm adding this notes into ticket #385 too [1].

http://wald.intevation.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=204&aid=385&group_id=21

Maciek