[GRASS-dev] question about any July changes in hydrology functions

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu Aug 2 20:54:03 EDT 2007

Then, as is it won't work for us. If it can be upgraded to integers we can
try it.

Thanks for the info. Saved us some time in fruitless testing.

Now that we understand what is going on, we're getting better results. We
will still need to conduct more tests, but will report back to the list with
the results.

Michael

On 8/2/07 5:31 PM, "Glynn Clements" <glynn at gclements.plus.com> wrote:

> Michael Barton wrote:
>
>> 1. Is there any speed advantage/disadvantage to using r.mfilter over
>> r.neighbors? At the moment, because we are trying to get rid of occasional
>> spikes, I don't think that a weighted mean will give better results than an
>> unweighted mean. But the only way to get functions like a weighted mean is
>> to use r.mfilter, so it would be good to know if there are any known
>> performance hits or if it is faster.
>
> r.mfilter currently works with integers. AFAICT, there's no
> fundamental reason why it can't be upgraded to FP.

Director of Graduate Studies
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213