[GRASS-dev] [grass-code I][455] r.proj segfaults after Jul 14 changes

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Aug 9 10:27:31 EDT 2007

On Aug 9, 2007, at 1:57 AM, Brad Douglas wrote:

>> Not to mention the other modules I found null messages in, as I
>> mentioned in a followup to the bug report.
>>
>> If (NULL) is indeed improper use of the message functions, I could
>> take care of them - I have my own CVS copy of r.proj.seg updated
>> already, and I found those others already.
>
> That is blatantly wrong.  Does anyone actually test code they write?
> Please commit your changes.  I'll update the documentation.

That's interesting, because when I looked at the r.proj main.c
history, the "Message/Debug cleaning" revision explicitly changed a
couple G_message("") to G_message(NULL) (among other changes).

To be fair, it may be that it worked for them (it only seems to cause
trouble on OSX).  They may or may not *know* if it's wrong (I didn't,
tho I understood what it was meant to do).

Anyways, I've changed all the NULL messages I found in CVS now.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

Theory of the Universe

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly
what the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly
disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely
inexplicable.  There is another theory which states that this has
already happened.

-Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy 2nd season intro