[GRASS-dev] [grass-code I][455] r.proj segfaults after Jul 14 changes

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri Aug 10 13:07:07 EDT 2007

On Aug 10, 2007, at 11:32 AM, Brad Douglas wrote:

> On Fri, 2007-08-10 at 08:52 -0500, William Kyngesburye wrote:
>>
>> If it is intended to be optional for G_done_msg, then this needs to
>> be fixed.  It's the vsprintf(buffer,msg,ap); part in there that is
>> causing trouble on OSX.  If NULL is valid, then a check for NULL
>> should be done before vsprintf is called.
>
> I'm opposed to adding largely unnecessary code.  The console is NOT
> designed for well laid out display.  It is there for informational
> purposes only.  IMO, if you want pretty messages, use a GUI.

It's not a matter of changing the way it prints the message.  The
problem is that passing NULL to vsprintf() on OSX causes a bus
error.  If NULL is meant to be valid for G_done_msg(), then it needs
to trap that so it doesn't pass it to vsprintf().

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"History is an illusion caused by the passage of time, and time is an
illusion caused by the passage of history."

- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy