[GRASS-dev] GRASS 6.3.0 release preparation

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Sat Aug 11 06:56:06 EDT 2007

On Sat, 11 Aug 2007, Paolo Cavallini wrote:

> I think one problem could be with the new python gui: many distros do
> not have wx2.8 packaged, and this could slow down effective
> dissemination of the new version.
> Anybody knows more about this?

The new Python GUI isn't in 6.3.x, so it's not an issue - the main GUI for
6.3.x/6.4.x is still (a further improved) Tcl/Tk gis.m with more bugs
fixed and more cross-platform compatibility.

I was just thinking, the Python GUI can probably be merged into the CVS
HEAD after a release branch has been created for 6.4.x (probably won't be
ready for that for at least a couple of months). Then there will be 6.5.x
- we can probably start making other major changes there and release it
eventually as 7.0? How does that sound?

Paul