[GRASS-dev] fixing d.nviz access from GUI

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sun Aug 12 14:08:48 EDT 2007

I did the first step I mentioned for dealing with d.nviz from the GUI.

I removed the button for d.nviz and for nviz from the layer manager and
added menu entries for both under a 3D rendering entry under the file menu.

Now both commands can be launched in their generic forms from the GUI
without an error. I'll still look into what it might take to do a TcloTk
wrapper for d.nviz.

I also tested multiple layers in nviz on the Mac with a version of 6.3
compiled on Friday.

You can open multiple raster files, multiple color rasters, vector lines and
vector points either by entering them into the GUI dialog before starting
nviz or by adding them once you start nviz. This used to generate an error
but works fine now.

Michael
Director of Graduate Studies
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity