[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] GRASS6.3 on Windows

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Mon Aug 20 11:37:06 EDT 2007

On Wed, August 8, 2007 20:49, Paul Kelly wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Aug 2007, Glynn Clements wrote:

>> I've added an nviz.bat script for use on Windows; I've also fixed the
>> Makefile to ensure that the binary gets the .exe extension.
>
> That's excellent - I can confirm that it works again for me too. Somehow I
> thought there was something else - I tried reverting to the way it was
> before but couldn't get it working again. But didn't think of adding a
> separate script start for Windows.
>
> I found another issue with the use of the cat command in part of an NVIZ
> Tcl script which I've also fixed, and it seems to be working well now.
> Grepping for "exec" in the other scripts I see a few more hackish-looking
> things that will need to be fixed to get all the NVIZ functionality
> working on Windows though.

Just checked out latest CVS and recompiled, and now I get the following
when I try to launch nviz from the menu (File -> 3D Rendering -> NVIZ):

child killed: SIGABRT
    while executing
"exec -- $program --tcltk"
    (procedure "run_ui" line 6)
    invoked from within
"run_ui $cmd"
    (procedure "execute" line 3)
    invoked from within
"execute nviz "
    (menu invoke)

When I display the spearfish DEM in a display window and then click on the
nviz button of that window, nothing happens. No error messages, nothing
except for a brief appearance of r.info.exe in the Windows task manager.

Moritz