[GRASS-dev] v.what compiling error

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri Aug 24 16:07:11 EDT 2007

Michael Barton wrote:

> Well, I just updated and recompiled from the cvs and v.what won't compile.
> I'll list the error below.

> /usr/bin/ld: multiple definitions of symbol _main
> OBJ.i686-apple-darwin8.10.1/main-1.12work.o definition of _main in section
> (__TEXT,__text)

main-1.12work.o?

Do you have a file called main-1.12work.c in that directory?

The 1.12 is almost certainly a CVS revision (the latest is 1.13,
committed 4 days ago).

It may be that your development tools are creating copies of source
files.

This will cause problems due to the fact that the GRASS Makefiles will
attempt to compile and link every .c file in the directory into the
module unless explicitly told otherwise.